Friday, March 8, 2013

A Sonnet

Finally! I finished my sonnet! It took me quite awhile to get it done. This sonnet reflects on how I met my wife and our time together before getting married. I hope you like it.

Across the Northern plain, I yearned for thee
Did I not ache for your warming embrace?
That would with gentle whispers set me free
The path to our future, your fingers trae
Out paths become entwined because of fate
By lucky chance that we should ever meet
And have this hopeful time that we create
For now that I;'m with you I feel complete
An August photograph recalls the day
When playful love becomes a strong romance
And builds through winter storms to spring's bouquet
On bended knee, I take my biggest chance
Your heart a quilt that warms against the cold
Our love forever cast, emblazzed in gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment